I moped for a bit after coming to the conclusion that I probably won’t be able to go to the JYJ concerts.
Then I reflected on my plans for this year:
- adventures and clubbing in Bohol and Cebu
- badminton games with the office crew
- practice swimming
- Puerto Prinsesa, Palawan: island-hopping, underground river, beach bumming
- start boxing again
- family outing in Subic
- girls’ wild trip in Hong Kong and Macau
- Vancouver, Tennessee, Mexico — very tentative plans
- climb Mt. Pulag
- chillaxing in Batanes
- South Korea: sea, temple visits, Hallyu pilgrimage, autumn color viewing
- scuba diving certification in Coron
That’s a rather full schedule. Moreover, it will all cost a considerable dent in my funds despite my efforts to fatten the savings account with a thriftier lifestyle. If I go wild chasing after JYJ, I might not be able to do other things on this list now, would I?
So far, my Coron plans are vague, and could very well be scrapped because I don’t have a travel buddy for that yet and no one’s willing to take scuba diving lessons with me
because they’re scaredy-cats. Since I can’t go see JYJ, I might as well put the funds that I would have allocated to their concert and my stalking for my scuba diving and get myself a certification. Not quite as squeal-worthy as seeing Kim Jaejoong’s rippling abs live, but exciting in a different way. Girl’s gotta look at the bright side.
Better start my research for the scuba-diving plans then.